2022 ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest
This year’s ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest will open Aug. 13 and will close on Dec. 1, 2021, at midnight eastern (UTC-5).
ENTER TODAY to win cash prizes for your helicopter/drone photo!
- Helicopters/Drones at Work: This category highlights aircraft in action; no AOG shots, please.
- Helicopters/Drones in the Military: Photos in this category pay tribute to the aircraft and aviators serving their countries.
- People and Their Helicopters/Drones: Photos submitted in this category should show aircraft and PEOPLE.
- Helicopter/Drone Digitally Enhanced Photos: This category is your chance to show off your Photoshop skills.
- NEW! Wrench Turners: This year, we’d like to celebrate aviation mechanics/engineers, the unsung heroes who keep our aircraft flying. For this category, we’d like to see pics of you or your maintenance crew turning wrenches inside and outside your hangar, as well as cool shots of mechanics/engineers with the helicopters they keep running.
How to Enter
- Who: Open to any adult (18 years or older)—no HAI membership is required.
- What: All photos must show all or part of a helicopter or drone (and if you catch some pilots, flight crew, maintenance technicians, or passengers, that’s great too). We want large photos too; we recommend submitting photos taken at the largest size that your camera will allow (here’s a link to a great tutorial on photo resolution).
- When: Between Aug. 13 and Dec. 1, 2021, at midnight eastern (UTC-5).
- Why: Because we love great photos of helicopters and drones as much as you do!
HAI will announce the winners of the 2022 ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest on Feb. 1, 2022. Your helicopter/drone photo could win up to $500 (or a $100 category prize). Winning photos will also appear in the March 2022 issue of ROTOR magazine and will be displayed at HAI HELI-EXPO 2022 in Dallas.
The most important rules for the contest are:
- You must own the copyright to any photos that you submit (in other words, you either took the photo or you can document that you paid the photographer for the rights to the photo) AND
- Each photo must show all or part of a helicopter or drone.
You’ll find more detailed information about who can enter, how we choose the winners, and more in the complete ROTOR Magazine Photo Contest rules.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.