Who Can Enter
- Any photographer 18 years or older is eligible to enter, whether professional or amateur, a member of Helicopter Association International (HAI) or nonmember.
- Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of HAI, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to win the ROTOR Photo Contest.
- Helicopter/Drones at Work
- Helicopters/Drones in the Military
- People and Their Helicopters/Drones
- Helicopters/Drone Digitally Enhanced Photos
- Photographers can upload up to five photos in each category, for a maximum of 25 photos.
- File types accepted are .jpg or png. Minimum resolution for all categories is 300 dpi at 8 inches x 10 inches.
- Each photo must show at least part or all of a helicopter/drone.
- All photos must be the original work of the entering photographer. Entering photographers must certify that that they own the copyright to all photos submitted for the ROTOR Photo Contest and that there are no third-party rights to or claims on the photos.
How to Enter
- All entries must be uploaded to photo.rotor.org by midnight ET on Nov. 1, 2019.
- HAI staff will choose the first-prize winning photo and the winning photo in each category. HAI will award $500 to the photographer who submitted the first-prize winning photo and $100 to the photographer who submitted the winning photo in each category. Winning photographs may be featured in the Winter 2020 issue of ROTOR magazine (which will be distributed at HAI HELI-EXPO 2020) and will be displayed at HAI HELI-EXPO 2020.
- The HAI staff’s selection of winners will be made at their sole discretion and the basis for their selections need not be disclosed. All decisions as to the selection of winning photos will be final.
- Potential prize winners contacted by HAI must cooperate with HAI as a condition of being awarded a prize, and may be required to execute additional documents, including without limitation an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release, or the prize may (at HAI’s sole discretion) be forfeited and, at HAI’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate prize winner.
By entering the ROTOR Photo Contest, photographers grant to Helicopter Association International (HAI) an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, assignable, and sublicenseable license to use, reproduce, publish, adapt, modify, distribute, and display any submitted photos in print, electronic, and all other media, including in HAI publications, media, and marketing materials, and at HAI offices, locations, and events. By entering the ROTOR Photo Contest, photographers also grant to HAI an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use photographer’s name, likeness, and biographic material for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purposes, including without limitation the purpose of publicizing and promoting ROTOR Magazine, HAI, and other programs in connection with which the photographs are used pursuant to the rights granted above, but not as an endorsement of any product or service.
HAI and others make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize or any contestant’s participation in the ROTOR Photo Contest. HAI and others shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost, or injury that arises from or relates to participation in the ROTOR Photo Contest, or winning or use of a prize, including but not limited to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, or unintelligible submissions; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, viruses, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or the downloading of any material in connection with the ROTOR Photo Contest; (v) theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s); or (vi) any other condition that may cause the ROTOR Photo Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. HAI reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to suspend or cancel the ROTOR Photo Contest or alter the rules for any reason, including, but not limited to, if at any time a computer virus, technical problem, or other unforeseeable event alters or corrupts the administration of the ROTOR Photo Contest.
By entering the ROTOR Photo Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless HAI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, partners, and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, those related to personal injury, death, damage to property, infringement of proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy or defamation) arising out of or in connection with: (i) the entry submitted by entrant; (ii) entering and participating in the ROTOR Photo Contest; and/or (iii) accepting or using any prize. However, nothing in these official rules shall limit HAl’s liability under any category of liability which under the law of an entrant’s jurisdiction cannot lawfully be limited.